Monday, June 19, 2017

Choices


Where do I start from?

Politics has often been an area I choose not to deliberate on. In the last couple of years a lot has gone wrong in the country and in my little way I kind of now understand the difficult choices “Sai Baba” must have to contend with daily. In his closet this question must’ve popped up a good number of times, “Which one do I start with”?

I had the same question thrown at me for this article.I met a league of extra ordinary gentle men through a colleague of mine who loaned me their cars, apologies, AUTOMOBILES for this drive review. They had in their arsenal these babies listed below:


Land rover: the dependable workhorse. The one you take when you have to visit a relative in Abesan. Built like a tank. It doesn’t scream luxury. It blends into the neighborhood as its ancestors are still used to chauffeur building blocks to and from client sites.
Lexus GX 460: The dependable luxury workhorse. Filled to the brim with everything. Name one feature you’d like in an SUV and its most likely listed as a standard feature on this baby. 
Range Rover Autobiography: All I can say here is if you need to carry four people in absolute luxury, get this truck
Mercedes GLE Coupe 400:
A viable substitute to the much misunderstood BMW X6

I had a limited amount of time and while all of these cars have a unique identity about them I had to narrow my focus for this article to just one of these cars. A brief roll of the dice through my mind and I had to just get into the Range Rover Autobiography. Make no mistake this is a $120,000 monster on wheels and at today’s rate you’re looking at 70million Naira if you’re bringing it into the country yourself.
In its presence, the Range Rover Autobiography gives you an idea why a man will make a living off holding his fellow country man hostage. Open the soft closing doors and you’re greeted to the sweetest scenting, soft napping leather known to man. It’s softer than a babies buttocks. This is an absolutely fantastic place to be in.
The shear drama associated with an engine start is in one word, Majestic. This Range Rover Autobiography has the super charged engine. 500 plus horse power coupled to a super charger whines so beautifully. The first thing you notice is the rotating dial on the transmission which pops up on start up. The current edition of the Mercedes S Class prides itself as the only vehicle to not traditionally have an incandescent bulb. Well, the Range Rover Autobiography was the first to have a totally digital driver’s cockpit. Its so well thought out that the tow mounts are electrically retractable. You want to have a drink with your mates while chilling out? fold down the electrically controlled boot lid and it will support the weight of three regular blokes. Opulence and luxury is what this vehicle was designed for. Its no slouch either, it'll hit 60mph in 5.1 seconds while pulling 2.3 tonnes. Except you drive a Super car, do not attempt to race this bad boy.



Obama and the Queen of England go for a ride.

To be fair I can’t do justice to a review of this SUV. I am intimidated. This is an SUV that has been used by the Queen of England to chauffeur the leader of the free world. It’s simply that brilliant.

* Do you have a "Special car and you'd like featured here? Please mail me @ biodunb3000@gmail.com 




  

5 comments:

  1. nothing written on the GX460, NOT FAIR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write! You didn't include the year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a great review.. my obsession is the Range Rover! Wish Nigeria had a show room for pratical driving of these cars; not just viewship but taking the babies on a spin!! I think car fiesta or something should be organised by some of these manufacturers or retailers

    ReplyDelete