Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Boy

I’d say I’ve had my fair share of Adrenaline filled moments. I’ve loved cars from as far as I was a toddler; I loved the thrilling effects the sound of a powerful engine produces as its revved silly from a green light, it sends chills down my spine, knowing that I can run any one slower than me off the road.
It’s a passion I and my brother picked up from our Dad. Fixing my Dad’s car in his workshop was a really great bonding experience for three of us. I thought the most beautiful thing I had ever seen was a Supercharged V8 Mercedes E class melt rubber on the streets of Abuja.
I was wrong, I witnessed the birth of Akinolu Adeniyi Elemide come into the world right before my very eyes on a raining Sunday morning. The gentle cries of Mother and Son after delivery was more sonorous than any sweet sounding V8 I’d ever heard. Time stood still for me right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akinolu Adeniyi Elemide

Niyi’s growing with pretty much with some of my interests. He gave a deep smile from his sleep on the journey back from the hospital as Dave powered past three cars in his 3.5V6 Acura RL( the only time he did so the entire journey) and he does wake up 3 or 4 times a night.
Here’s to another generation of Father –Son bonding through the love of Cars, I love you Son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I must ensure he loves cars, FAST CARS, he must become a much better driver than even me, KSP and things - UNCLE YEMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. Many Congratulations!!! Must be an exciting time for you. You'll have to wait a few months to start introducing him to the world of fast cars eh?

    Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats dude!!! I'm sure your car genes are firmly embedded in his DNA. Now you have more mentoring to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to watch Elemide come up with another kinda passion. I can feel you, my man. My baby boy is 13 months old and he's getting more interesting.
    I share your passion for both boys and cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again Bidoun, now there is one more Elemide to terrorise the world.Am sure he would love cars and bobbies just like his dad and uncle Jigga.
    Even though am not a father yet, I understand the happiness and joy that will be coursing through you.Cant wait to be one too.

    ReplyDelete